What you can expect
- Bring your insurance card.
- Bring your government-issued photo ID.
- Bring any Coastal Cancer Center prescription refill requests.
- Bring a family member or caregiver to enhance communication.
- Bring a list of any questions you have.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early. There is no need to arrive any earlier.
Please Note: Patients may arrive after you, but may be called ahead of you. Do not be alarmed if this happens. Patients are scheduled for a variety of reasons with various departments that follow unique schedules.
If you need to reschedule your appointment or if you are going to be late, please notify us as soon as possible. We understand things happen. We are here for you.
Once You Depart
Contact our NURSE NAVIGATOR during normal hours at the location where you are normally seen by your physician if you are:
- Experiencing problems or side effects from a prescription or treatment.
- Experiencing nutrition issues.
- Have questions of any kind.
After Hours, Weekends, Holidays
Coastal Cancer Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Day or Night, if you have any change in your condition, your symptoms worsen, whatever the reason, never hesitate to call us for any problem that is important to you. There is no need to be afraid. If a medication is not working, call us. There are often alternative treatments or additional changes that may make you more comfortable. We are here for you.
For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 immediately. Call our office only after you have made arrangements to go to the Emergency Department.
We participate with many insurance plans and keep up with changes in coverage. We will file all the necessary claims for you. We currently participate with the following plans:
- BlueChoice Health Plan
- BlueChoice Health Insurance Exchange
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield SC PPO (Includes FEP)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield SC Health Insurance Exchange
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield SC Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield State Health Plan
- First Choice by Select Health of SC Medicaid
- Medicare Traditional
- Medicaid Traditional
- United Healthcare
As a courtesy to our patients, we will file claims with all insurance plans.
We Ask That You
- Pay your copayment and any deductible at the time of service.
We accept Cash, Checks, VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover and Money Orders. Financial assistance is also available depending upon a patient’s circumstances. To see if you qualify, please contact our office to learn more.